Why your marketing performance problem is really a measurement challenge – Marketing Land (marketingland.com) – Jun 20 2018
key performance indicators,
- If you’re not seeing the number of leads, conversions, sales or other key metrics you’re looking for, finding out what’s not working and knowing how to fix it is tough.
- Because they usemulti-touch attribution, s/he knows VPs of marketing and media can report on which channels are drivingbusiness objectivesfor eachtarget audience.
- She asks the managers ofpaid search, display, email and theire-commerce siteto usemulti-touch attributionto report oncross-channel interactionsbefore deciding how to best allocate herquarterly budgetto reach Q3 targets.
- In the meantime, she asks themedia analystto report on which ads in the rotation are driving conversions at thehighest ratefor that campaign so she can direct her SEM specialist to pause the weaker performing ads.
- By combining the power of audience and attribution, its marketing intelligence solutions provide thereal-time insight brandsand agencies need to optimize marketing and advertising performance byaudience segmentand drive the online and offline success metrics they care about most.
The Main Reason Your Digital Marketing Campaign is Failing (And How to Fix It) (verticalmeasures.com) – Jun 19 2018
subject matter expert
- We assign a well-seasoned digital expert to clients and they coach them through all aspects of digital marketing, makeweekly assignmentsand hold the client accountable for producing their own content as well as coaching them on other important aspects of digital marketing.
- The CEO of the company, as their best internal subject matter expert, wrote the content and published at first on aweekly basisand then twice a week.
- The difference in results says it all:Organic trafficup 30% YoY (the increase is great, but not compared to Client A) No data was concentrated on the number of leads or revenue, due to not implementing.
5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Cheap SEO Packages (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 18 2018
search engine optimization,
- TheImportance of SEO
- Why You Should Avoid ‘Cheap’ or ‘Affordable’ SEO Packages
- 1.Cheap PackagesCan’t Deliver Even Basic SEO Requirements
- 2. Sub-standard Link Building Doesn’t Move the Needle
- 3. One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All
- 4. You Have No Leverage to HoldCheap SEO FirmsAccountable
- 5.Cheap SEO Providers Can’t Deliver a Long-term Strategy
- The Last Word
A Simple Formula To Land Top-Tier Editorial Links To Support Your SEO Campaign (semrush.com)
- The obvious one is the fact that such publications hold a greatDA or Trust Score(or whatever metrics you are trackinglink qualitywith) but aside from this, it is the fact that they are hard to come by.
- This is great for those who can devise a way to land links fromtop-tier publishersas it is a great way to gain acompetitive advantage; especially if you can gather momentum and earn these links on aregular basis.
- Don’t be tempted to produce the content and tell the stories you think might be covered unless there is a hook to your brand; journalists will see through your attempts toland coverage.
- If what you are coming up with is more of aneducational nature, it may be that it is anexcellent pieceofcornerstone contentwhich can rank highly on the SERPs and help to educate users through yoursales funnel, but it may never land links.
- Think like a PR, execute like an SEO (always looking for links; ethically, at scale) and you will start to evaluate yourcontent conceptsdifferently and, ultimately, increase the success of campaigns and be in a far better position to discount at an early stage those which just don’t stand a chance of landing coverage.
LinkedIn Expands Sponsored Content Offerings With Carousel Ads – Search Engine Journal (searchenginejournal.com) – Jun 13 2018
- Carousel ads are said to stand out more than other types of content in theLinkedIn news feeddue to their interactive and eye-catching nature.
- According tobeta testsponsored contentcarousel ads said they would use them again.